Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Featured RP: Sagebrush Crossing

Page 2 / 48
Bookwyrm
(@bookwyrm)
NarniaWeb Guru

Sagebrush Crossing

" Not very well, if my last trip through here's anything to go by. The Meyer gang is big and they have my weapons now. That patchwork rustbucket of a wall won't keep them out," Caldwell said and leaned his chair back against the wall. "We're probably all going to die. Nice seein' you again, Sheriff. Congrats on that promotion."

Posted : January 4, 2013 1:07 pm
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

Sagebrush Crossing

The Marshal sighed and cast a glance in Caldwell's direction.

"Apparently, as our dear friend has alluded to, he has a few enemies of his own. One of whom I just shot after he blew up the track. Steven Meyer--you probably have a wanted notice for him somewhere. Anyway, according to him, he took out the majority of Caldwell's band, and has all his boys nearby."

The Marshal stopped and looked at Jedidiah.

"They'll want blood. I'd like to stay here until more support comes, but if you don't think this place can handle it, I'll dump Caldwell's body outside of town and lead them off. No need to destroy Sagebrush when a little evasive action will do it."

Posted : January 4, 2013 1:22 pm
Bookwyrm
(@bookwyrm)
NarniaWeb Guru

Sagebrush Crossing

"Are you threatening to kill me again? Doesn't the law frown upon killing unarmed men? Even I haven't gotten around to doing that," Caldwell smirked.

Posted : January 4, 2013 1:26 pm
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

Sagebrush Crossing

"The law also says I am to do whatever is necessary to keep the peace and protect the land. Ideally, that would mean hauling you all the way to court where you can be sentenced by a jury of your peers, all of whom don't like you that much. If that can't happen, however...I'll choose snapping your neck over letting you run free."

Posted : January 4, 2013 1:29 pm
Bookwyrm
(@bookwyrm)
NarniaWeb Guru

Sagebrush Crossing

"But Marshal, we could team up and fight crime together. We'd be like the James brothers, but the opposite and without the steam-driven buffalo. It'd be grand!"

Posted : January 4, 2013 1:32 pm
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

Sagebrush Crossing

"Frankly, Caldwell, I wouldn't trust you for three seconds without those cuffs on, much less as my travel companion. I even tend to doubt that you've done even a single good deed in your entire life, and if you did, you would lie about it to cover it up. Now hush. You're not really part of this conversation unless you're being helpful, which you are most definitely not at this moment."

Posted : January 4, 2013 1:38 pm
Bookwyrm
(@bookwyrm)
NarniaWeb Guru

Sagebrush Crossing

"Of course I can be helpful. Did you forget I stole that walking contraption Meyer blew the train up with?"

Posted : January 4, 2013 1:54 pm
narnianerd
(@assistant-lord-of-the-little-ponies)
NarniaWeb Guru

Sagebrush Crossing

"Shutup, you!" Jed barked at Richard, his patience wearing thin.

"We can live off the surrounding farms. It'll be uncomfortable, but we can do it... And we can handle an attack, we just upgraded our weaponry.... No, I want him hanged here in Sagebrush, its what he deserves. It's what this town deserves" He clenched his fists, wanting nothing more than to smash his now clenched appendages into this man's face.

But he'd have to take the badge off first and that is a annoying process, so he resisted.

If you ain't first, you're last.

Posted : January 4, 2013 2:02 pm
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

Sagebrush Crossing

"Hey, hey," the Marshal said softly as she took a step toward the Sheriff. "Jed, look at me. I know that's what you want. I know that's what we all want. But you have got to weigh this out like it was just any other outlaw that was coming through. Is that really what is best for the town? I don't know how many men Meyer has, but more likely than not, it is going to be a long haul. I don't want a wrong decision now to mean half the people here die."

She smiled up at him.

"Now, are you sure that staying here is the best plan?"

Posted : January 4, 2013 2:12 pm
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Guru

Sagebrush Crossing

"No, he stays here. This is my town, he committed the crime on my turf. He'll pay the crime here, even if I have to handcuff him to my belt to protect him from you."

In the past, he'd let the Marshal do as she pleased with the criminals. Not now. Not This time, he wanted to see the law run its course. He wanted to watch the fear in Richard's eyes build as the noose was tightened. Most all, he wanted to watch his lifeless body dangle on a long rope.

Posted : January 4, 2013 2:44 pm
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

Sagebrush Crossing

"Jed, what you want and what is best for the people may be two different things," the Marshal pulled her gloves down and threw them on Jedidiah's desk, and put a hand on her hip. "We will stay here, for now. However, if I think at any point that these outlaws are too much for this town to handle, I'll put a bullet in him and put you in the intense care of Doc Reynolds. I know Sheriff Cane was like a father to you, and I know you want revenge--you have every right to it, and I will do everything in my power to make sure you get it. But I'm not going to let innocent people get hurt twice because of the same man. Understood?"

Posted : January 4, 2013 3:49 pm
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Guru

Sagebrush Crossing

"No! Not understood, that man. He took everything from me!" He was angry now, Jed pulled his K1000 from his hip and pointed his gun at Caldwell. The only thing keeping him from pulling it off the trigger was the badge covering his heart.

"He stays here."

Posted : January 4, 2013 4:46 pm
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

Sagebrush Crossing

the Marshal's lips were pressed into a thin line.

"Do it," she said. "Shoot him."

Posted : January 4, 2013 4:56 pm
Bookwyrm
(@bookwyrm)
NarniaWeb Guru

Sagebrush Crossing

"If I have to stay, can I get a room in that wonderful hotel of yours. I stayed there last time and that was the best sleep I've had in months. Oh, and I could use a bath. Bathing in rivers just doesn't do it," Caldwell said.

Posted : January 4, 2013 4:59 pm
MountainFireflower
(@mountainfireflower)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Sagebrush Crossing

"He didn't take everything. What am I, chopped liver?" Charlotte stepped into the room, her boots echoing softly against the thin wood floor. She cocked her gun, something akin to a rifle. She held it loosely, almost casually. "Don't want to shoot my own brother, so put the gun down."

av by dot

Posted : January 4, 2013 5:04 pm
Page 2 / 48
Share: