Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Featured Roleplay: A Funny Thing Happened

Page 4 / 17
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

Voronwë, a very dark and silent elf, stood for a few moments, watching the travelers. After two left, following his brother in law, and two more followed shortly thereafter, he finally came to the conclusion that the rest where confused as to if they should follow, or remain behind.

"Welcome, travelers," he said, putting his book down and stepping forward. "If you do not wish to accompany the others to the library, please, follow me. They will return and meet with you in a bit."

The tall elf turned and led the visitors to a large hall, in which, beside various chairs and a roaring fire, was a table with an arrangement of food and drinks.

"Please, help yourselves. You must be hungry after your journey."

Posted : November 1, 2009 4:13 pm
Bookwyrm
(@bookwyrm)
NarniaWeb Guru

As tempting as trying elf cuisine was, I was far more interested in seeing the library. I trailed after Ryan, Lady A, and the elves into the library. I was now regretting the fact I had never worked up enough motivation to learn Sindarin or Quenya.

Posted : November 1, 2009 5:04 pm
PrinceCor004
(@princecor004)
NarniaWeb Guru

I finally made it to the room where Ryan and the elves were. It appeared to be much like a normal living room, though with cases full of books and elvish furniture. So actually, it was not like a regular living room at all. Two elves were showing Ryan and Lady A some loose pages from a book, so instead of interrupting what was apparently an important meeting, I contented myself with looking around the room.

Having never learned any Elvish, well, except for certain lines from "Lord of the Rings", the different books lining the walls were all unreadable to me. Fortunately, they were all handsomely made and had beautiful spines, so simply looking at them was fine with me.

Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)

Posted : November 2, 2009 2:56 pm
Rising_Star
(@rising_star)
NarniaWeb Guru

I looked over the pages given to me, frowning slightly as I skimmed through the words.

"This says he first appeared over Dittotopia a few months ago. But that doesn't make any sense. The whole mess with the time rifts weren't even over yet." I chewed on my bottom lip in thought. "Argh." I read through it some more. "Doesn't look like you have much about him . . . only that he travels a lot, collecting bounties. He speaks French, but that's obvious. Here's a description of his emblem . . . oh! and a short list of the town's he's destroyed . . . for no apparent reason." I looked closer at a side note. "Leaving only the children. Huh. I remember that . . ." I flipped to the last page.

"No one has seen him, only his men. Now that I don't remember. This is all so confusing. I get the feeling I might have to actually confront him . . . but that is something I definitely don't want to do." I realized I was rambling now and so I shut up, looking down at the papers in my hands and feeling like we should have spent more time researching universe hopping in the Realms Bookstore, attack or no attack.

P.S."Brooklyn!"

BeautyLikeNight's Graphics
My book: The Blind Traveler

Posted : November 2, 2009 4:28 pm
Captn. Peregrin
(@captn-peregrin)
NarniaWeb Nut

Never being much of a traveler myself (or at least not having the opportunity to), the closest thing to "real" architecture I'd ever seen up close was my state capitol. It was big (at least to my eyes), had a few things carved over the collonade, and was all in a drab shade of yellow-grey. This was something else. The whole thing was a work of art, but the closer you looked, the more you saw.

I never was much of a fan of art, though. At the sight of all that food, I suddenly realized I hadn't eaten since breakfast. I rarely get really hungry, mostly just eating at regular intervals for the sake of doing something. I figured it must be around lunch time, so I considered my options. I was wary of the drinks, still being underage, so I decided to start off with plain water. Maybe I'd ask the elf about the others later. Then I wondered about the food...most of it looked (and smelled) tempting, but being very cautious about my food allergies, I settled on some fruit. I took a seat near the fire.

sig by me

But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

Posted : November 3, 2009 5:33 am
sweeetlilgurlie
(@sweeetlilgurlie)
NarniaWeb Guru

I amused myself by creating translations for the titles of the elvish books while we waited for Ryan. Then I tired of that and went up to where Ryan was reading the information the elves had given her on Le Loup Noir.

"Find anything good?" I asked.

Evory walked over to the fire and stood directly in front of Capn. Peregrin. "Hello," She said, blinking her luminous eyes at the girl.

"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."

Posted : November 3, 2009 8:27 am
Captn. Peregrin
(@captn-peregrin)
NarniaWeb Nut

"Hey," I said. I never was too comfortable around kids. Probably because I'm the baby of the family myself. But...there was something odd about this one. She was too solemn. And as I looked closer, I noticed I could faintly see firelight going through her. She must be some different sort of creature. I wondered how old she was.

sig by me

Posted : November 5, 2009 1:53 am
sweeetlilgurlie
(@sweeetlilgurlie)
NarniaWeb Guru

"I'm called Evory. What are you called?" Evory asked, smiling vaguely. She looked at the girl closely and studied her face.

Posted : November 5, 2009 4:55 am
Rising_Star
(@rising_star)
NarniaWeb Guru

I looked over at Tina, wondering what she meant by "good." Nothing I had found was "good" but then I realized she just meant if I found anything useful in general.

I showed her the papers. "He's French," I said lamely, which was something we already knew. Basically the translations had not helped much. It was all things I already knew about him. Except the part about him not showing his face. I knew I had written that he wore a mask, but he had not even stepped out of his ship. That was odd. Considering who he was, I had assumed he would be in the midst of the killing. But instead he had sent his men to do it.

There was also the unfortunate fact that I knew very, very little French.

P.S."Brooklyn!"

Posted : November 5, 2009 5:31 am
sweeetlilgurlie
(@sweeetlilgurlie)
NarniaWeb Guru

I looked at the papers. "I know some French." I offered. "I've been taking college French classes all semester." Who knew how helpful that was, but maybe somehow, somewhere, it would be useful. "And I know that Amë is learning French too."

Posted : November 5, 2009 10:42 am
PrinceCor004
(@princecor004)
NarniaWeb Guru

A French bad guy? I thought most bad guys were German or English..... I mused as I put a thick book on... something back into it's place on a shelf. "I studied some French last year, but have promptly forgotten most, if not all, of it." I said with a shrug as I sat down in one of the chairs.

Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)

Posted : November 5, 2009 2:14 pm
Captn. Peregrin
(@captn-peregrin)
NarniaWeb Nut

((What do you mean? ALL French are evil! :p ))

"You can call me Took," I said. I took a bite of fruit. I had plenty of questions, but I figured it would be rude to ask what she was, and I wasn't too good at casual conversation even under ordinary circumstances with ordinary people. I vaguely wondered who her author was. That would be a big hint. But I suppose she would be as clueless as I about that.

sig by me

Posted : November 6, 2009 2:03 am
Bookwyrm
(@bookwyrm)
NarniaWeb Guru

"If it was Spanish, I could help you with it, but I only know about four words of French," I said, looking up from the books I was pouring over.

Posted : November 6, 2009 5:50 pm
Rising_Star
(@rising_star)
NarniaWeb Guru

"I could always use one of you then, to translate," I said to Tina. "That is, if we ever get close enough to talk to him. I'm tempted just to call in the Autobots or something and have them drive him out. But I really don't want to cause some great war that will have a ton of casualties," I went on.

"Argh. Any suggestions on to what to do right now would be awesome," I said to the room in general.

P.S."Brooklyn!"

Posted : November 16, 2009 4:53 am
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

((at Capt. P: ARE NOT! :P ))

"Translate from French to English or English to French? The first is a whole lot harder than the second ever could be," I mused, not being very helpful. The elves exchanged glances. I figured they had a few thoughts, but they weren't in coming out of my fingertips anymore, so I shrugged and waited.

Posted : November 16, 2009 12:51 pm
Page 4 / 17
Share: