Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Susan in VotDT - English Dress

Page 2 / 3
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Yes I saw that a few days ago when i saw the real banner at my local movie theater. It does have some sort of shirring neckline.

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : June 1, 2010 12:08 pm
QueenSusanJ316
(@queensusanj316)
NarniaWeb Nut

I would like to make this dress for the premier of Voyage of the
Dawn Treader. Has anybody seen fabric like this?

PM me if you would like be part of a Lion Party in the state of New York!

Posted : June 12, 2010 5:19 am
Lady Éowyn
(@lady-eowyn)
NarniaWeb Regular

I haven't been in a fabric store in way too long, but from some googling, there are floral prints with daffodils out there. However, I'm guessing you'll either be able to come close to matching the daffodils or the blue color, and not both, but that's just a guess. We don't really know exactly what color blue it is yet, though, because the poster colors are so washed out.

Posted : June 12, 2010 10:36 am
QueenSusanJ316
(@queensusanj316)
NarniaWeb Nut

Thanks :) Do you think we will get a better view of her dress in the trailer?

Posted : June 12, 2010 12:32 pm
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

I hope we get a view of her outfit in the trailer too. I heard it was just a still picture of her forming in the magician's book. i hope it's not cut to were we only see her face.

Posted : June 12, 2010 6:26 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

I was wondering if anyone can tell for sure whether or not when Lucy turns into Susan in the Magician's Book, is Susan wearing the dress that we saw on the display? I think it's the same dress, but I'm not sure.

Posted : June 21, 2010 6:20 am
Lady Éowyn
(@lady-eowyn)
NarniaWeb Regular

I can't tell for sure either, but I'm leaning towards not. After Lucy's collar fades in the mirror image, I can only see a tiny bit of what Susan is wearing, and it looks white. Maybe the blue daffodils dress is in England at the beginning...

What does everyone think of her Narnian dress in the end shot? Oh, maybe I should start a separate topic... I had no idea we'd see Susan in two outfits in Dawn Treader. I'll rename this one. :)

Posted : June 21, 2010 6:48 am
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

I love Susan's English outfit and hairstyle, rather then the one that looks Narnian. She looks more rugged in that then she did in PC. I'm still hoping and praying that the Narnian shots of them don't come into the movie. We'll already see Susan in her world and in the Magician's book. Three cameos of herself would be too much. :p

Posted : June 21, 2010 1:49 pm
Lady Galadriel
(@lady-galadriel)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I assume it's okay to post the screen caps from the front page, because I've seen other people doing it. Let me know if it's not.

http://www.narniaweb.com/wp-content/upl ... 00x100.jpg

I was looking at this screen-cap (Larger versions of it!) and, although I could be wrong, I'm pretty sure it's not Susan's English dress. It looks definitely white and like it has a different neckline (V-neck?) with no buttons that I can see.

We haven't seen very much of any of Susan's VDT dresses, just close ups of the top parts.

Posted : June 22, 2010 3:03 pm
QueenSusanJ316
(@queensusanj316)
NarniaWeb Nut

Oh my goodness! We have another shot of this dress. I am going on e-bay right now to find a pattern and material. I think I will make this for my lion party!

Posted : November 8, 2010 1:50 pm
RoseRed
(@rosered)
NarniaWeb Regular

the new shots are beautiful! that colour blue looks perfect on susan :)

http://www.narniaweb.com/2010/11/offici ... oo-movies/

Grief for the movies made me abandon narniaweb...but I'm so glad to be back!
Many thanks to the wonderful Lady Eowyn for making my sig/av.

Posted : November 8, 2010 4:03 pm
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

We get to see more of this dress! So exciting! I am loving the self-fabric belt with the black ribbon tie. :D

I still don't know how many buttons there are, but they're yellow and there seem to be at least ten of them.

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

Topic starter Posted : November 8, 2010 4:20 pm
RoseRed
(@rosered)
NarniaWeb Regular

ahh eys, forgot to say how much I love the buttons, and that lovely spot of yellow :) I hope we get a few good shots of this dress in the movie

Grief for the movies made me abandon narniaweb...but I'm so glad to be back!
Many thanks to the wonderful Lady Eowyn for making my sig/av.

Posted : November 8, 2010 9:41 pm
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Now that I get a closer look at her dress, i love it so much!! :D Definitely much better than her Narnian one. I wish I can own something like that!

Posted : November 21, 2010 7:38 pm
MrsHolmes
(@mrsholmes)
NarniaWeb Nut

I love Susan's dress and her hair! That blue is perfect for her, and I think it definitely reflects how she's changing into the person she will become. :)

Awesome-as sig by Ithilwen, sweet-as avi by DamselJillPole. Thanks you two! *hugs*

Posted : November 22, 2010 10:58 am
Page 2 / 3
Share: