Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Polly Plummer

Page 3 / 4
Anfinwen
(@anfinwen)
NarniaWeb Nut

In the book I have some of the illustrations are colorized (not sure if they were originally colored) and Polly's dress is light blue.

Screen-Shot-2018-10-13-at-1-35-56-PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 13, 2011 6:06 am
lioness13
(@lioness13)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Yes yes yes! Blonde barrel curs, pulled half up with a big bow, and a sailer collar! I believe there is actually a picture of her in a sailor dress in the book. Blue is definately best: sky-to-baby blue with cream trim. :)

"Come," said Aslan ," let me breathe on you. Are you brave again?"

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 15, 2011 5:31 pm
Anfinwen
(@anfinwen)
NarniaWeb Nut

Here is my Polly.

I liked the dark blue because it seemed more stiff and uncomfortable.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 16, 2011 5:01 am
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

Very nicely done, Lady Arwen, both on the dress and on Polly too! Have you considered posting drawings like that in Fan Art? :)

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 16, 2011 6:51 am
Anfinwen
(@anfinwen)
NarniaWeb Nut

Thank you Meltintalle, I actually thought of putting this picture in Fan Art instead of here. I used a picture of my mom as a little girl for Polly's face, only it doesn't look very much like her (my mom).

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 22, 2011 6:53 am
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

That is amazing The Lady Arwen Undómiel! It was exactly how I pictured Polly's dress and it's the same blue I thought of as well :D I did draw a picture similar to this about three years ago and need to find it. Great job! :)

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 2, 2011 9:01 pm
Jadis101
(@jadis101)
NarniaWeb Regular

The picture is great very much how I pictured her looking excpet I always saw her with a bit longer hair and her dress a bit lighter. I always pictured her looking somewhat like Alice haha.

Keeper of Jadis' Wolves

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 11, 2011 7:49 pm
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

I think it would be nice if Polly had some interesting stockings on. Like Jadis101, I've always pictured Polly much like Alice. And Alice is often drawn as having black and white striped stockings on. So maybe that's why. ;))

Also, Polly has always seemed very girly to me. Do you think maybe a more feminine color, such as pink, might suit her better?

~Riella =:)

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 30, 2012 7:37 pm
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

Pink. That reminds me of something... *rummages madly through her picture folders* Ah-HA! Dress

According to the Narnia timeline and the museum it's not the cutting edge of fashion for Magician's Nephew but I think it's cute. :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 31, 2012 4:12 am
Anfinwen
(@anfinwen)
NarniaWeb Nut

Oh! that dress is the embodiment of victorian girls style! I love it, and the colors perfect, not a bubblegum pink more of a raspberry.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 31, 2012 4:27 am
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

I love that dress, Mel! :D It's beautiful but not too frilly.

I was thinking about how many dresses Polly would actually need, and I was coming up with three: One for the first time she and Digory meet, one for the trip to Charn, and then one for the trip to Narnia. The last two happen on the same day, but considering that she got in trouble for wandering around a strange park and jumping in puddles, I was figuring she would have to change clothes. Then again, she only got her shoes and stockings wet, so maybe not. What do you all think? Am I missing any outfits? :)

Death is swallowed up in victory.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 13, 2013 3:33 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Mel, that's a nice dress. It's different from the 'sailor suit' style I had pictured her wearing, but perhaps I am thinking too much Edwardian.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 13, 2013 7:31 pm
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

I think Polly is wearing a 'sailor suit' in the illustrations, isn't she? And I know there are a lot of variations on that theme. I saw one that pairs green and white and looks lovely:

1904 seaside dress

considering that she got in trouble for wandering around a strange park and jumping in puddles, I was figuring she would have to change clothes. Then again, she only got her shoes and stockings wet, so maybe not.

If I were her mother, I wouldn't have her change her clothes. :p

However, since we are hypothetically styling her for the movie, having her in something dark for the trip to Charn and then a lighter colored dress for the creation of Narnia seems more visually relevant.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 14, 2013 7:16 am
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

She has a blue sailor dress in the Pauline Baynes illustrations, yes, Mel. :) Huh, that green and white one would be interesting.

If I were her mother, I wouldn't have her change her clothes. :p

Well, they tended to change clothes more often for meals and stuff. ;) I was mainly thinking if she'd dirtied her clothes, and then she'd been sent to her room for several hours and you don't want muddy or damp clothes ruining the furniture. ;))

I do like the idea of a darker dress for the first trip and a lighter dress for the second trip. Charn is all kind of red and orange, so a dark blue or green dress would be a nice contrast. :)

Death is swallowed up in victory.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 14, 2013 11:51 am
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

I'm thinking that changing clothes for meals applied more to adults than kids, and my impression is that both the Kirke and Plummer families were more middle class than High Society. [citation needed]

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 14, 2013 12:05 pm
Page 3 / 4
Share: