Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Original Costume Designs

Page 1 / 3
Awel Prince
(@awel-prince)
NarniaWeb Regular

Before I joined the NarniaWeb forum, I had frequented the old thread for original costume design. Many of you girls kept me inspired to keep drawing. So, after making sure I wasn't stepping on any rules, I decided to reopen the thread! :) Hope you all get as much inspiration as I did! My costumes then are these (FYI: I usually don't draw faces b/c I am such a terrible drawer, just wanted to let you know before you were shocked to high heavens by head-less drawings) :

This costume reminds me of something Susan might have worn at sometime or other. If it was blue it could pass for Ramandu's Daughter dress ;)

Sketch: http://i28.tinypic.com/14bj3tz.jpg
Colorized version (my first attempt at "coloring" in GIMP): http://i32.tinypic.com/ekn8ug.jpg

I love this next one! It reminds me of something Arvis would wear:
Sketch: http://i26.tinypic.com/raaicl.jpg
Close up (pardon the terrible face and the name. I don't look like that ) : http://i28.tinypic.com/vdl8vl.jpg

Can't wait to see what you all have to show. :)

real-life sis: Pepper Darcy
My Sites:
My Designer Girl | Shilah | Horatio Hornblower Wallpapers
I'll be out of my mind And you'll be out of ideas Pretty soon
So let's spend The afternoon in a cold hot air balloon

Topic starter Posted : July 14, 2010 7:57 am
LuvNarnia
(@luvnarnia)
NarniaWeb Nut

Wow those are really good! You draw really well! I especially like the first one! Great coloring!

The second and third ones dont look really 'Narnian' to me (not as I imagined it), they look like arabian or something. Or maybe I'm just used to the movies.

LuvNarnia

God gives grace to the humble

av: Wunderkind_Lucy sig: lover of narnia

Proud member of the Skillet club, and a member of the Tenth Avenue North club!

Posted : July 14, 2010 2:48 pm
Lu_valient
(@lu_valient)
NarniaWeb Nut

I really the second one, it would totally fit Aravis

made by katherine

Posted : July 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Pepper Darcy
(@pepper-darcy)
NarniaWeb Nut

Oh Raven, you dear nut! you do wonderful drawings! I love your work! makes me want to draw costumes now and better yet... WEAR them!! =D

:music: risk it all cuz I'll catch you if you fall... if my heart was a house you'd be home :music:

Posted : July 15, 2010 12:37 pm
MountainFireflower
(@mountainfireflower)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Awel Prince, I love this thread and your designs! I especially love the second one - it reminds me so much of Aravis and it's something I really would like to see her wear! Your sketches are very nice and your costume concepts are wonderful. Great work!

av by dot

Posted : July 15, 2010 6:40 pm
narnia_lover127
(@narnia_lover127)
NarniaWeb Nut

WOW!!!! those are soo beautiful. The first one looks great as a sketch and once you colored it. i think i liked the colored one better just because it is easier to see the details, but both are beautiful! the second one does look like something i could see Aravis wearing. and i think you draw beautiful faces too! those are really amazing

or have you forgotten who really defeated the White Witch,Peter~Lucy

Avvie,sig:me!

Posted : July 17, 2010 6:27 am
Awel Prince
(@awel-prince)
NarniaWeb Regular

LuvNarnia, thanks!! It was fun, though a bit frustrating to learn to color in GIMP. Crayons and pencils are a lot easier...except you can't buy those sorts of colors. ;) Yeah, the 2nd one (the one for Aravis) I had imagined as her clothes before she escaped to the north. :) So they would look Caloremen (is that spelt right? :- ).

Lu_Valient, Thanks! :D

Pepper, you don't count because you see these in real life. :)

MountainFireflower, thanks! I've been drawing for years now. Every since I first watched LotR. :) I'll probably post some more drawings later. :)

narnia_lover127, LOL! If you think I draw beautiful faces you should see my sister Pepper's drawings! She's much better at dresses then me! Maybe I'll persuade her to post some. ;)

My Sites:

Topic starter Posted : July 17, 2010 6:39 am
RoseRed
(@rosered)
NarniaWeb Regular

I agree they are both lovely! I especially like that deep red you chose for the first one, and the 2nd could totally work for aravis, in fact I really hope they do a costume design very much like that for her if/when they get around to making HHB

Grief for the movies made me abandon narniaweb...but I'm so glad to be back!
Many thanks to the wonderful Lady Eowyn for making my sig/av.

Posted : July 17, 2010 4:38 pm
violetfirekrazed
(@violetfirekrazed)
NarniaWeb Nut

Sooo... is this thread for pictures that you've drawn? Or can you post pictures of costumes that you've made as well?

Just wondering. :D

I love the Aravis costume!!!! I'm thinking about trying to make an Aaravis or Lasaraleen Costume... I'm still in the fabric gathering stage though :D

~VFK~

Posted : July 20, 2010 10:31 am
Awel Prince
(@awel-prince)
NarniaWeb Regular

RoseRed, I hope so too! ;)

violetfirekrazed this is a thread for narnian-inspired costume drawings. ;) Sketches of dresses or clothes you could see in the books... For example someone could draw a sketch of the dress Jill might *possibly* wear at the end of the Last Battle and then post it here. :)

~Awel P.

My Sites:

Topic starter Posted : July 20, 2010 3:57 pm
violetfirekrazed
(@violetfirekrazed)
NarniaWeb Nut

Oh, COOL! :D I'll have to sketch up some ideas! Thanks!

~VFK~

Posted : July 20, 2010 4:06 pm
tomalter05
(@tomalter05)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Wow Very good painting. You have very cute and beautiful painting. Thanks you had made the photo and share with us.

Posted : July 26, 2010 8:37 pm
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Those are very gorgeous Awel Prince! I love the split in the dress of the first drawing, I love the take on the Calormene outfit in #2, it is splendid. ;) the third one is my favorite and it is not a terrible face at all. You're really good. Keep up the fantastic work! If I ever remade Narnia in the future I'd want you to do my costumes. :D

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : July 26, 2010 9:55 pm
Awel Prince
(@awel-prince)
NarniaWeb Regular

DamselJillPole, wow I'm honored. I use to want to do costume design for movies and then gave the idea up when I realized I'd probably have to do a bunch of junkie movies where modesty wouldn't be wanted... :( Anyways. Thanks.

My second dress, I only have the colorized version uploaded, very sorry about that. It needs a little touching up, but *shrugs* I don't think it's too much touch-up. I'm not sure if it would be classified as Narnian or Archenlandish...which do you think?
http://i36.tinypic.com/166nq0o.jpg

~Awel P.

My Sites:

Topic starter Posted : August 18, 2010 2:23 am
violetfirekrazed
(@violetfirekrazed)
NarniaWeb Nut

Hhhhm, I think it's very Archenlandish. Susan MIGHT wear it. I think it could be either :)

~VFK~

Posted : August 18, 2010 5:05 am
Page 1 / 3
Share: