Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Construction and Completion

Page 5 / 6
Alice_WL
(@alice_wl)
NarniaWeb Regular

LittleLionTamer - Your Susan dress is stunning!! Very lovely work..

As for me, I'm thinking about making Lucy's Battle Dress and making my own version of the White Witch's Turkish Delight gown.. Should be fun.. ^_^

"Who knows what I could bring, flying high upon a wing.
I believe that anything can be a princess thing."
- Princess Sofia the First

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2011 3:48 pm
Kristi
(@kristi)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I'm working on an adult version of Lucy's Camp Dress right now. Well, my friend made the dress, but I'm making the belt. The leather tooling is taking a LONG time...hope it'll be ready for Comic Con next Friday. Stilll, here's a start, with a picture of the belt tip hardware I fabricated:

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 14, 2011 12:47 pm
QueenSusanJ316
(@queensusanj316)
NarniaWeb Nut

I am constructing Susan's coronation dress. I bought some pale blue velvet for the dress but was wondering if anyone had any suggestion for the gold embroidery?

PM me if you would like be part of a Lion Party in the state of New York!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 13, 2011 8:21 am
AslansChild
(@aslanschild)
NarniaWeb Nut

If you look above at LittleLionTamer's post ^^^^...she painted the flowers on. (And did a smashing job on it, I might add. :-bd )

If you want some close up photo's off the dress, here's a good place:

http://costumes.narniaweb.com/caspiansusanfarewell.asp

"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 13, 2011 12:58 pm
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

I was assuming QSJ316 meant the LWW coronation ;))

If I remember correctly, for that dress most costumers emboss their velvet (instructions in link). I think I've also seen use of a thin coat of fabric paint (stenciled on), or (and this might have been for Lucy's coronation cape) custom machine embroidery. :)

I look forward to seeing what it looks like, whichever dress you're doing! :D

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2011 5:13 am
LittleLionTamer
(@littleliontamer)
NarniaWeb Regular

Hello Narnians! :) It has been a while, but now I finally had a lovely photoshooting with my Caspian and can present you new photos of our costumes.
Although it is Suspian (and a few of you do not like it), I am really really happy with the outcome and I hope you like the pictures!

"But I'm always dreaming, even when I'm awake; it is never finished."

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 29, 2011 5:05 am
Alice_WL
(@alice_wl)
NarniaWeb Regular

LittleLionTamer - that dress is very beautiful.. You did an amazing job on it. ^_^

"Who knows what I could bring, flying high upon a wing.
I believe that anything can be a princess thing."
- Princess Sofia the First

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 3, 2011 7:08 am
Vela
 Vela
(@vela)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I made Lucy's Crown from the first movie (I think it's in the second one, too, but I saw the 2nd only once):

And a detailphoto:

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 8, 2011 9:17 am
LittleLionTamer
(@littleliontamer)
NarniaWeb Regular

This crown is so beautiful! How did you make it? Wonderful job <3

I have news too. I started to begin with my new dress. This time, it will be Susan's green archery dress from the first movie! I already ordered a beautiful wool-linen fabric. For the undergown it probably will be simple satin taffeta because everything else would be too expensive. Anyway, I can't wait to start it! <3

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 8, 2011 11:44 pm
Vela
 Vela
(@vela)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Hi, LittleLionTamer!
Thank you so much!
I made the crown from a material called Fimo - my favorite material for jewellery.

And your Susan-dress is really, really nice! I almost can't believe that you didn't learn to sew!
Oh, and is it right that you're from Germany? If so: Me too! :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 9, 2011 5:21 am
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

Vela, I thought it looked like you were using Fimo. :) Did you use it for your base too, or is there something else to help support the weight of the flowers?

It's a gorgeous crown!

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 9, 2011 7:55 am
Vela
 Vela
(@vela)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Well, Fimo doesn't have that much weight really, but I supported the whole thing using silverwire. That way, it's also easier to shape it a little different (fits the head better).
Here's another pic of it:

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 10, 2011 5:18 am
LittleLionTamer
(@littleliontamer)
NarniaWeb Regular

You are from Germany? :D Oh, it's rare to hear. And to your crown, I really love it. And thank you so much for the compliment on my susan dress
Which base did you use for the crown? I have planned to make Susan's crown very soon,but I have a hard time finding a base. Did you use a regular hair band?

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 16, 2011 3:16 am
Vela
 Vela
(@vela)
NarniaWeb Newbie

No, it's silverwire, as I wrote in the post before.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 17, 2011 10:21 am
imzadi40
(@imzadi40)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I made Lucy's Crown from the first movie (I think it's in the second one, too, but I saw the 2nd only once):

And a detailphoto:

Vela, the crown is beautiful! I know you used Fima for it, along with the silver wire. But do you have instructions as to how to make one? I'd like to make one of my own, but don't know where to start. Also, where do you get the wire for it? Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 18, 2011 6:26 pm
Page 5 / 6
Share: