Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Who would YOU be?

Page 4 / 4
King_Erlian
(@king_erlian)
NarniaWeb Guru

Last night I was dreaming that I was playing Rishda Tarkaan in a film of "The Last Battle", and having the time of my life doing it. I think I may be rather good at it... :D

Posted : April 22, 2014 10:23 pm
PhelanVelvel
(@phelanvelvel)
NarniaWeb Nut

Though I don't look the part, I'd like to play Aravis. I love horseback-riding and I identify with her "tomboyish" ways, for lack of a better word. Imagine spending most of the film on horseback! Now that would be an awesome experience! The only shame is that she doesn't fight in the book, though I'm sure that could be...ahem...altered slightly for the film. :P I think my scoffing and eye-rolling at Lasaraleen's prattling would be quite genuine. XD

Otherwise, I'd like to be a female character who gets to join the battle...Lucy in HHB or Jill in LB. Having the girls join the battles more is one thing that I really don't mind changing for the films. I like to see the females join in on the fight. That's one point where I'm like "Yeah...I don't care if it's different." I actually prefer it to be different, I think the female characters participating in battles less was something Lewis gravitated toward at one point (Father Christmas kind of says it for him...), and his views changed by LB.

Posted : April 23, 2014 5:31 pm
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

I chose "Other." I'm not much of an actress, but I think I might be able to run up to a group of people, cry for justice for the felling of my arboreal comrades, and then fall over. (I'm very good at falling over. ;)))

In short, the beech dryad at the beginning of The Last Battle. ;)

Posted : July 9, 2014 9:57 am
SummerSnow
(@summersnow)
Member Hospitality Committee

I'd be happy to play anyone, really. But if I was able to pick, I think I would most likely be Aravis. I don't look a thing like her. My hair might be able to pass (doubtful, but it could always be dyed), but my skin color is far too light. But since this is all theoretical, never mind that. :p
I'm not sure I'd really enjoy giving her whole beginning speech of who she's related to. Far too many hard-to-pronounce names. Though I do think they would probably shorten it a bit in the movie, though I hope they would keep the storytelling the same, since the Calormens are wonderful (and highly dramatic) storytellers.

Or I'd like to play Lasaraleen. It depends on the clothing, but if it's how I picture it, I'd like to wear Lasaraleen's clothing. She also has a fun way of speaking. :p

Posted : July 9, 2014 6:27 pm
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

While I'd love to play Jill or Aravis, I'm to old for the role (really I'd love Lucy, but obviously that's not happening XD)

So I'm going to say Hwin. The Horse and His Boy is my favorite book, and I kind of like the idea of voice acting... I think I'd get less stage fright Besides she's one of my favorite animal characters :)

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : November 16, 2014 11:45 am
narnia fan 7
(@narnia-fan-7)
NarniaWeb Guru

I think it would be fun too play Tirian he's such a great characters.

Posted : July 4, 2015 9:34 am
CorazonBandido55
(@corazonbandido55)
NarniaWeb Nut

Due to my skin complexion i would have to be a Calormen, or a Telmarine if we accept the Hispanic ancestry of Telmar.

So either Prince Rabadash or Emeth.

your fellow Telmarine

Posted : January 29, 2016 6:18 pm
King_Erlian
(@king_erlian)
NarniaWeb Guru

So if I get to be the Tisroc or Rishda Tarkaan, I'll get to boss you around! :D

Incidentally, I think that a good idea to circumvent accusations of racism in HHB and LB would be to have Calormen as a multi-racial society. After all, Calormen is an empire that likes to swallow up other countries.

Posted : February 1, 2016 2:14 am
withyouinrockland
(@withyouinrockland)
NarniaWeb Newbie

when I started to read The Silver Chair I didn't really like Jill. I thought she was self absorbed and inconsiderate. But I grew to like her through the book. Isn't that the point?

Posted : November 24, 2016 9:45 am
Page 4 / 4
Share: