Notifications
Clear all

Who should play Jadis, the White Witch?  

Page 4 / 4
  RSS
Anfinwen
(@anfinwen)
NarniaWeb Nut

Hello all! I've been absent a while but just started browsing the forum again today. I love the look and height of Elizabeth Debicki. As far as age goes for Jadis in MN, isn't she referred to twice in London as either a young person or young woman? I feel that Jadis in that book is much more fresh and fiery. So I'd be ok with a young actress who could be matured up a bit for LWW. 

Formerly The Lady Arwen Undómiel

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 23, 2021 3:20 am
LostinEarth
(@lostinearth)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I recently watched a movie and Rosamund Pike was in it. After watching a friend told me they thought she was terrifying. (haha) I think she does have a scary quality to her. She's beautiful and scary. That just seems like the white witch. She may not be super tall, but she looks quite tall so I think she would be a great white witch. 

oh and I do think Elizabeth Debicki would be good, but shes about to play Diana in the crown so Netflix might not cast her

This post was modified 2 months ago by LostinEarth

“If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.”
- a Narnian lost in earth

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 3, 2021 1:14 pm
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

Belated, but it's great to see you back on the forum, @Anfinwen! Wave And that's a good point about Jadis being referred to as a young woman in The Magician's Nephew. Obviously that sort of thing is relative depending on who is doing the talking, but it makes sense that she would at least seem youthful (or unnaturally youthful, post forbidden apple).

I don't know if this is the movie you saw, @LostinEarth, but I follow Netflix accounts on Twitter (hashtag news poster life Giggle ) and I saw a tweet with the trailer of a movie Rosamund Pike was in recently called I Care A Lot I won't link it because there's strong language, but at the end she does this insane yell of crazed rage. When I saw that bit I remember thinking yep, I could totally picture her as Jadis. LOL

Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 6, 2021 9:33 pm
The Scribbler
(@scrib)
NarniaWeb Regular

I feel like I saw the name Katie MacGrath on here but I couldn’t find it, so I’m sorry if this is a repeat. I only just watched a little bit of Merlin last night, and her aesthetic at least seems so classic Jadis! I haven’t seen enough of her acting to be sold... Can anyone attest to her abilities? 

This post was modified 2 months ago by The Scribbler

"Hello there!" - Obi Wan
aafouch.blogspot.com
Copywriter, Academic Writing, Fiction, Children's Literature

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 7, 2021 10:11 am
LostinEarth
(@lostinearth)
NarniaWeb Newbie

@rose Thats actually the movie I saw her in that made me think she would be a great Jadis! 

“If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.”
- a Narnian lost in earth

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 29, 2021 4:43 pm
Page 4 / 4
Share: