Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Susan - Anna Popplewell

Page 11 / 12
AslansChild
(@aslanschild)
NarniaWeb Nut

Anna Popplewell was at the premiere of Keira Knightley's new film Anna Karenina at the Empire Cinema in London.

More here: http://mundonarnia.com/galeria-de-fotos ... aEmLondres

On a random note, I wonder what you have to do to get invited to a premiere? It's not as if she's SUPER famous or anything, though she is a London-er. :)

"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2

Posted : September 7, 2012 11:29 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Thanks for sharing AslansChild :)

For as much as William Moseley has changed, she hasn't changed one bit. ;)) Gorgeous as always. :)

Posted : September 7, 2012 12:36 pm
AslansChild
(@aslanschild)
NarniaWeb Nut

Agreed. Escepially this picutre:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/-o10YvtrWXNU/UEji7 ... 00ak11.jpg

That grin. Yup, it's the same old Ms. Popplewell. :-bd

Posted : September 7, 2012 1:36 pm
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Here's a recent short that Anna previously participated in. It's pretty funny and cute I thought:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72fuQf1reIM&list=FLJYc33n6v2G-iDLvnQedwFw&index=1&feature=plpp_video

Also here's the youtube channel with all of the Halo 4 episodes uploaded with Anna as Chyler Silva:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MachinimaPrime

I'm going to write my review of Anna's character here. Don't read it if you don't want any spoilers before watching it.

Spoiler
Anna really did a great job with her character as Chyler. It was very easy to separate her from Susan Pevensie. I felt like I was watching someone completely different.

She's considered the best in her team at the academy where they are being trained to one day fight against aliens who are trying to rid the human race. What makes her character really likable is that she greatly supports the hero of the series, Thomas Lasky whom she secretly likes and reveals later on that they have romantic feelings for one another.

On that night they are attacked by a species they call the "Hunters" With only four of them left in the Academy, Chyler being one of the survivors escapes with Master Chief into the woods where they are attacked again and when you think that they are all going to make it Chyler is wounded and later dies.

For Popplewell's first death scene for a movie/series she did it very brilliantly. For all of you that thought Susan leaving Caspian was heart gripping wait until you see how this tragic love story ends for Silva and Lasky. It's truly heartbreaking. :((

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : November 3, 2012 3:17 pm
Purpleotter
(@purpleotter)
NarniaWeb Nut

I really like Susan (Anna) in the movie. Her archery skills rock! Especially in the second movie.

"Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen of Narnia"-Aslan

Posted : November 26, 2012 3:27 am
AslansChild
(@aslanschild)
NarniaWeb Nut

Here's a recent short that Anna previously participated in. It's pretty funny and cute I thought:

I liked that one alot, it was silly. :p
She did another one recently, that was good too:

Posted : February 11, 2013 4:52 am
Anonymous
(@anonymous)

I really like Susan. I thought she was so sweet. :) And I can really relate to her since, like me, she is an older sister.

I think it's such a shame what happened in the seventh book. I cried.

But at least there's hope for her still. :)

Posted : March 31, 2013 9:16 pm
Louloudi the Centaur
(@louloudi-the-centaur)
Member Hospitality Committee

http://www.narniaweb.com/2013/06/anna-p ... to-narnia/

I know this article may be a little old, but Anna did state that she would be open for a return to the Narnia films in the future. Thoughts?

Personally, I would love to see her in an adaptation of HHB, even if just for a cameo, but I don't know how I would feel if she were in her thirties or older since the Pevensies were not much older than their twenties when they ruled in Narnia.

Posted : July 3, 2013 2:56 pm
De_De
(@de_de)
NarniaWeb Guru

Oh I think that if possible Anna should come back to Narnia. I mean with a bit of make-up you can make anyone look younger. And even if she is going to be in her thirties, they can make her look much younger. Like in Anne of Green Gables, the actress was like 19 and they made her look 13, and did a very good job if you ask me. Of course it would only make sense if the other Pevensies agreed too.

Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club

Posted : July 4, 2013 8:42 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Yes, there is no reason why Anna can't play Susan in HHB, as the adult Susan is in her mid 20s, according to the timeline. I think Anna will keep this look for some years now - the young beautiful confident woman look. :)

Changing a person to look younger for movies will always depend on how they actually DO look now, and what age the audience must believe they are.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : July 5, 2013 12:53 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Anna is on TV! :) She's in CW's show Reign which is about Mary, Queen of Scots. Anna plays one of Mary's ladies in waiting.

Posted : September 20, 2013 6:00 am
Reepi
(@reepi)
NarniaWeb Nut
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Anna Popplewell is doing a great job so far as Lola in Reign. Has anyone else seen the show too?

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : October 26, 2013 12:01 am
Impending Doom
(@impending-doom)
Adventurous Stranger Knight of NarniaWeb

Anna Popplewell is doing a great job so far as Lola in Reign. Has anyone else seen the show too?

I've seen the first 2 episodes and I'm not sure if I like it or not yet. I've never been a big fan of romance/drama shows. But yes, Anna is doing a great job, she plays a interesting character. She's the only reason I actually started watching the show!

"Tollers, there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves." - C.S. Lewis

Posted : October 26, 2013 7:37 am
Future Narnian
(@future-narnian)
NarniaWeb Regular

Something I just noticed while rewatching some of the LWW features is that Anna looks like she could be an older version of the late child activist, Samantha Smith. I'm on my Ipad right now and it won't let me paste Youtube links, but if you put in "Samantha Smith + Lime Street" you can see some clips of her shortly before she died. Try Episode 3 especially.

For those of you who aren't familiar with Samantha, she was the little girl who wrote then-Soviet leader Yuri Andropov in the early 1980s and asked why the Soviets wanted to bomb the US. She ended up going to the USSR for a tour and published a book on her experiences and later appeared on a few TV shows, including Lime Street, which was cancelled after a few episodes after Samantha was killed in a plane crash.

I especially notice the resemblance between her and Anna when Anna has her hair pulled back lwhile practicing archery. (I think it's the Children's Journey feature on Disc 2 of the special edition)

Posted : December 1, 2014 2:50 pm
Page 11 / 12
Share: