Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Eustace - Will Poulter

Page 12 / 13
jewel
(@jewel)
NarniaWeb Nut

Certainly yes. He did good at acting also. I never heard anybody say they didn't like Will Poulter for playing Eustace.

Posted : June 4, 2014 3:50 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Well, I for one did not care for Ben Barnes's age in Prince Caspian. He was way too old for me. It wasn't that he didn't do a good job in the role, but the fact that they cast him so far away from his implied age in the book, it completely changed the way he interacted with all the characters, and while some people liked that (and that's fine if you did), it didn't work for me. I did however, like his age in VDT.
So yeah, that argument isn't a good one to use to convince me to have Will return, sorry. ;))

But age isn't what's determining my opinion, it's his appearance and his voice. He needs to look school age, and Will is far beyond that.
http://willpoulter.net/pictures/display ... p?pid=1678
As of right now, Will is 21. To put it in perspective, Daniel Radcliff was 19/20 when Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was filmed. We still have probably a year or two minimum until filming before The Silver Chair starts. Much as I loved Will in VDT (he was one of the few things I did love), he's just not an option for me for SC. :(

Posted : June 4, 2014 8:26 am
EmpressJadis
(@empressjadis)
NarniaWeb Regular

I really liked Poulter in this role for a number of reasons, however, as is always the case, it concerns me how old he is. I mean, of course, they had to make him fit with Skandar Keynes and Georgie Henley who were understandably aging, but now their Jill pole will have to be older in the Silver Chair, and the whole thing gets away from you. Oh dear, sorry if this was the wrong place to put that! Please tell me if it was! It's just, that's the problem I have with that casting. Apart from that though, he is a brilliant and talented actor and I look forward to seeing him in the next movie!

EmpressJadis

Just because they can't feel it too doesn't mean that you have to forget

The Call, Prince Caspian
(Song by Regina Spektor)

Posted : July 2, 2014 8:38 pm
jewel
(@jewel)
NarniaWeb Nut

He was really good to.

Posted : July 26, 2014 9:59 am
ShastaOnTheRun
(@shastaontherun)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Will Poulter was too old for Eustace even in VotDT. Don't get me wrong. He's a great young actor and did a fantastic job, and back then the age discrepancy really wasn't too much. But unfortunately he'll be WAY too old to play Eustace by the time Silver Chair is produced. For goodness sake, Eustace is supposed to be a schoolboy, probably in grammar school. Same with Jill Poll. Sorry, having full-grown man in the part (and therefore a full-grown woman as Jill) just wouldn't work! There's certainly nothing wrong with recasting the part. Kids do grow up, after all, and trying to shoehorn Will back into the part would really ruin the movie.

Posted : August 26, 2014 5:46 pm
Reepi
(@reepi)
NarniaWeb Nut

In very strange and very weird news, Will Poulter is now talks of playing Pennywise the Clown in a new, 2 part adaptation of Stephen King's IT. He apparently impressed the director so much with his audition that he is now getting the role, despite being so young.
Not sure what to think about this, but from his previous roles, Will Poulter already seemed capable of acting many different roles in a great way already, but horror ? :p

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/9971/ymwz.jpg

Posted : May 5, 2015 7:09 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

I saw this news yesterday on FB. So bizarre. And yet, somehow, I can imagine him being really good in this role. I won't see it myself cause i don't like horror, but good for Will on landing the role.

Posted : May 5, 2015 8:52 am
jewel
(@jewel)
NarniaWeb Nut

I wish they bring Will Poulter back. :)

Posted : May 8, 2015 9:15 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Jewel, a lot of us are sorry we can't have Will back to play Eustace. He was an ideal actor for that role, partly because he was a lot older than the age he was playing and had had a lot of experience in a variety of acting work. His older brother emailed with me at one time, and said Will was really late with his growth spurt, which was helpful when the production got delayed. But very soon after it was finished, he grew and matured, and now he's a man in his 20s with a deep voice, there is no way he can play 14.
We wish him well in his career.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : May 8, 2015 2:04 pm
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

My jaw dropped when I read about Will Poulter portraying Pennywise in the It remake. I'm a huge fan of Stephen King and I love the tv movie and the book so it took me about a few days to accept the choice. Will has proved himself a great actor and I'm willing to give him a chance. Can't wait to see his portrayal as the clown and the famous line delivery "We all float down here."

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : May 20, 2015 10:28 pm
Reepi
(@reepi)
NarniaWeb Nut

The director of IT has left the project over numerous creative differences with the studio (Like him wanting to make 2 movies, whereas the studio only wanted 1). Initially, he wanted an older actor to play Pennywise, but the studio told him they wanted someone younger, but apparently Will Poulter was a little too young for them 8-| Not sure what this will mean for Will Poulter, but it seems he won't play Pennywise after all.

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/9971/ymwz.jpg

Posted : June 27, 2015 10:05 pm
ValiantPevensie4
(@valiantpevensie4)
NarniaWeb Regular

Has anyone seen Will in The Maze Runner? I thought he did a really good job! I was a little worried that I would just be thinking Eustace the whole time and have trouble focusing on the story but I didn't have that problem at all! It could have been because he's so much taller and his voice was deeper, not to mention that fact that he was using an American accent. But either way, I felt like he did a great job!

My biggest disappointment in life is that I am the only one in my family who didn't see a Narnia movie in the theater. Even though I love it the most and they will all admit that. But at least I share a birthday with C.S. Lewis.

Posted : January 24, 2016 8:03 am
Eustace
(@eustace)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Has anyone seen Will in The Maze Runner? I thought he did a really good job! I was a little worried that I would just be thinking Eustace the whole time and have trouble focusing on the story but I didn't have that problem at all! It could have been because he's so much taller and his voice was deeper, not to mention that fact that he was using an American accent. But either way, I felt like he did a great job!

I saw Will in Maze Runner, personally I loved him in the film and I was pretty sad when he . He was my favorite character in that film.

Redeemed-Cousins-1
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!

Posted : February 20, 2017 6:27 pm
Valiant_Nymph
(@valiant_nymph)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Will Poulter's films. I think he will have a fantastic career; he's already on the road to that, it seems :) I'm very sad they didn't manage to do Silver Chair with him, but I'm glad he gave us a great portrayal of Eustace. :)

Posted : May 5, 2018 4:43 pm
JFG II
(@jfg-ii)
NarniaWeb Regular

For Eustace and Jill, I still wonder sometimes who would have been matched with Will if SC had come out after VDT. Soairse Ronan, perhaps? If LWW & PC had come out sooner (2004-2006), then VDT would have come out in like 2008 when Will Poulter was 14-15 and still looked like a child. Then SC would have arrived in like 2010 when Will & Ronan were both 15-16. Then HHB, MN & LB would have been released in the following 3 years, and Poulter would have been only 18-19 playing a high school kid. Ah, the missed oppurtunities...

Posted : May 8, 2019 11:57 am
Page 12 / 13
Share: