Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Caspian - Ben Barnes

Page 7 / 8
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

The Big Wedding trailer of Ben Barnes' new movie came out today. You can find it on youtube or imdb. I don't know if I can post it because it has some minor references, but it seems it'll be really funny. ;)

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : August 6, 2012 8:59 pm
Louloudi the Centaur
(@louloudi-the-centaur)
Member Hospitality Committee

Just thought I'd drop in and say happy 31st birthday to Ben Barnes!

We at NarniaWeb wish you many more years to come and many more great films in the future! :)

Posted : August 20, 2012 3:39 am
MountainFireflower
(@mountainfireflower)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for remembering that, Leah! :D You're awesome.

I too would like to wish a happy birthday to Ben Barnes, albeit belatedly. Thank you for giving us such an amazing portrayal of Caspian, you were amazing. (And in my opinion, the best Caspian EVER! ;)) ) Good luck to you on future ventures, and I hope you have an absolutely blessed year!

av by dot

Posted : August 29, 2012 3:08 pm
AslanIsOnTheMove
(@aslanisonthemove)
NarniaWeb Nut

The Words hits theatres today.

Posted : September 7, 2012 2:46 am
AslansChild
(@aslanschild)
NarniaWeb Nut

A picture of Barnes from The Seventh Son,

Reminds me of the film Eragon. Looks interesting though!

"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2

Posted : December 7, 2012 2:36 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Reminds me of the film Eragon. Looks interesting though!

Yeah, that's the problem with a lot of those fantasy stories, they all run together. I can't envision this movie doing well as it's "another fantasy movie" but you never know... it might be amazing.
I like the pic though, thanks for sharing. :)

Posted : December 7, 2012 3:15 am
Louloudi the Centaur
(@louloudi-the-centaur)

Ben Barnes actually has another film project he's working on right now: God Only Knows. There haven't been many news reports about it, but the genre falls into the category of Crime Drama.

You can look it up for more information. :)

Posted : December 7, 2012 9:38 am
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Here's the set pictures of Ben on his new movie 'God Only Knows'

http://benbarnesfan.com/gallery/index.php?cat=85

Posted : December 8, 2012 9:03 am
Anonymous
(@anonymous)

I've always loved the character of Caspian. :) And... I might have had a little bit of a crush on him when I was eight years old. ;)) Now, of course, I just think of him as a very well-written character who is also very kind, and a good king. :)

And Ben Barnes seems quite nice. :)

Posted : March 31, 2013 9:43 pm
De_De
(@de_de)
NarniaWeb Guru

One thing I really like about Caspian, well the book Caspian, is that he is not proud at all. When Peter comes he is totally submisive to what he says, knowing that Peter is alot more experienced. But Caspian is no coward or soft person, he stands for what is right. I think that the movie did a not very good job at showing the book Caspian. In the movie he seems a bit stuck up. This has nothing to do with Ben Barnes, he did an amazing job at showing the character he was given, buuut I think that the directing was not really the best. I was expecting a bit more...I don't humbleness...for lack of a better word. I know it was made like that to have the conflict with Peter, but I think that was a bit extra.
I really loved the fact that they made Caspian have a Spanish accent! It added a bit of flavor to the movie. WHY did they take the accent away in VDT????? Oh well. All that is left to say is that Ben Barnes is an exellent actor and mastered exactly what Andrew Adamson wanted from him. Buuuut I don't like the way Adamson portrayed him.

Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club

Posted : July 1, 2013 6:32 am
Louloudi the Centaur
(@louloudi-the-centaur)

Well, I'm rather glad the accent in PC was taken away in VDT. The Spanish accent sounded very out of place and too forced.

I like book Caspian much better, like most people do. To me, I found it more shocking to have someone, barely a child, to find out he's been living a lie and that his father was brutally murdered by Caspian's uncle. Peter and Caspian got off much better in the book, which I liked, as opposed to the film.

Posted : July 1, 2013 3:28 pm
AslansChild
(@aslanschild)
NarniaWeb Nut

The trailer for the Seventh Son is out:

Any thoughts?

"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2

Posted : July 11, 2013 3:45 am
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Wow, that trailer is, wow. I've been longing to see the trailer for Seventh Son for some time now and it really looks amazing. Thank you for posting this and I am so going to see it when it comes out.

Ben Barnes you are on your way!

Posted : July 11, 2013 2:13 pm
Rilian The Disenchanted
(@rilian-the-disenchanted)
NarniaWeb Nut

It looks quite good, nice designs on alle those monsters. Just hope the plot is a bit coherent. Haven't read the books on which it's based upon.
Ben is really becoming a major actor in the fantasy genre. 2 Narnia movies, a small role in Stardust, and now Seventh Son.

Posted : July 12, 2013 12:02 am
Gilby's Angel
(@gilbys-angel)
NarniaWeb Regular

Aslanschild, thanks for the heads up about this movie. The trailer looks great. I've read the book and some things in the trailer looked familiar but some did not. If I remember correctly, the 'Seventh Son' was only 9 or 10 years old, so that's a major change. Are they planning to make more of the books in the series into movies or is this a one shot deal?

Nothing anyone does gives me the right to be unkind.

Posted : July 12, 2013 2:53 pm
Page 7 / 8
Share: