Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Any fans of Trufflehunter?

Page 1 / 2
Purpleotter
(@purpleotter)
NarniaWeb Nut

Hes such an awesome badger! I love him in the movie.

"Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen of Narnia"-Aslan

Topic starter Posted : December 13, 2012 1:23 pm
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

It's been a while since I've seen Prince Caspian and I will admit he didn't have much screen time from what I can remember.

I do absolutely love Trufflehunter from the book and the BCC. :)

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : December 14, 2012 2:58 pm
Lady Rosalia
(@lady-rosalia)
NarniaWeb Regular

I did like Trufflehunter! I loved how in the new version at least he was such a kind badger, much like I pictured him in the book. :)

"Not all that is called progress moves us forward." - H.K. Ward
"Aslan's instructions always work, there are no exceptions."
-Puddleglum

Posted : December 18, 2012 10:03 am
wild rose
(@wild-rose)
Member Moderator Emeritus

I loved Trufflehunter, I wish he had a bit more screentime in the movie, but I do like the way they made him, he was kind and sort of the brains in the little trio of himself, Ginabrik and Trumpkin. Very sensible and loyal and faithful. Of course I love him in the book too :)

always be humble and kind

Posted : February 8, 2013 11:03 pm
De_De
(@de_de)
NarniaWeb Guru

It really is too bad that Trufflehunter had almost no screentime in the movie. He is actually quite an important character in the book. I have to say that the animation was just great! He really looked like a real badger, a step up in animation compared to the beavers in LWW. I also really like the way they made his home in the movie. So snug and cozy

Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club

Posted : July 2, 2013 11:37 am
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

I don't think I've ever met a portrayal of Trufflehunter I didn't like... :) He's kind and compassionate, faithful, loyal, and apparently gives hugs and snuffly badger kisses.

It took me a little to warm up to the BBC version but now I think that's my favorite. I'm not sure how screentime compares in the Walden version, but I don't really remember him in that one.

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

Posted : July 2, 2013 3:14 pm
7chronicles
(@7chronicles)
NarniaWeb Guru

Who isn't a fan of Trufflehunter? I love him.
I really loved him in the Prince Caspian movie, I only wish he had had more time on screen. I think they did such a wonderful job at adapting his character that it was a shame to not have him in more scenes.
Actually I think he was one of the few characters that were got right in terms of adaption from the book to screen. :)

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis

Posted : July 3, 2013 10:14 am
De_De
(@de_de)
NarniaWeb Guru

Oh definatly! Trufflehunter is the example of true Narnians. Like the Beavers, he never stops believing that everything will turn out and that Aslan will come. Actually, come to think of it he does really remind me of the Beavers. He helps Caspian find the other Narnians, just like the Beavers helped the children find Aslan. He always is referring to Aslan and the prophesies like the Beavers. Do you like Lewis may have modled him after the Beavers?

Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club

Posted : July 4, 2013 9:54 am
GlimGlum
(@glimglum)
Member Moderator

Yes, I liked him and my stepmother who has not read the books really liked him. Love that loyalty. :)

Loyal2Tirian
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.

Posted : July 4, 2013 10:04 am
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

I was thrilled with the way they portrayed Trufflehunter in the BBC and Walden versions. They kept the character pretty much as it is in the book except for the actress in the BBC version. I think I prefer the Walden version just because it's a better fit in voice and the CG was fantastic!

Posted : July 5, 2013 11:59 am
Louloudi the Centaur
(@louloudi-the-centaur)
Member Hospitality Committee

Trufflehunter is an excellent character. He proved he did not fear all the Telmarines in spite of the Narnian homeland being savaged and causing the Narnians to go into hiding. He was also a good model of a Christian who would not lose hope, no matter what the situation.

Even the the BBC version changed Trufflehunter to a female, the character was basically the same (I think the reason it happened was because there weren't too many female characters in PC the book, so just to balance things out a little, it often happens).

I never really understood Trufflehunter's name until I knew what a truffle was. :p Apparently badgers like them a lot.

Posted : July 7, 2013 2:22 pm
AnimalOfNarnia
(@animalofnarnia)
NarniaWeb Regular

I used to really like him...back after the PC movie came out...

I feel sorry for him, with a name that can pretty much be tranlsated as "chocolate-searcher"... =))

(BTW, that almost sounds better)

Posted : September 7, 2013 6:24 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

I used to really like him...back after the PC movie came out...

I feel sorry for him, with a name that can pretty much be tranlsated as "chocolate-searcher"... =))

(BTW, that almost sounds better)

AslnTheLion, badgers eat truffles. Not the chocolate version, but a natural one that is found on the ground in certain places.
http://www.larustichellatruffles.com/en/il-tartufo

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : September 7, 2013 9:01 pm
AnimalOfNarnia
(@animalofnarnia)
NarniaWeb Regular

oh, sorry

Posted : September 8, 2013 9:31 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

No problem, just thought you would like to know why he was given that name - I personally think the chocolate ones must be much nicer than the natural ones! :)

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : September 9, 2013 12:25 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: